APPEAL FROM THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE THIRD CIRCUIT (CASE NO. 3RC11-1-436)
NOT FOR PUBLICATION IN WEST'S HAWAII REPORTS AND PACIFIC REPORTER
ORDER DISMISSING APPEAL PURSUANT HRAP RULE 30
(By: Nakamura, C.J., Foley and Ginoza, JJ.) Upon review of the record, it appears that:
(1) On October 23, 2012, Defendant-Appellant Lori Anne Elaine Amavisca (Appellant), pro se, filed a notice of appeal;
(2) The record on appeal was filed on December 21, 2012, and the appellate court clerk informed Appellant by mail that the statement of jurisdiction was due by December 31, 2012, and the opening brief was due by January 30, 2013;
(3) Appellant did not file either document;
(4) On March 14, 2013, the appellate court clerk informed Appellant by mail that the time for filing the statement of jurisdiction and opening brief had expired and, pursuant to Rule 30 of the Hawaii Rules of Appellate Procedure, the matter would be called to the court's attention on March 25, 2013, for such action as the court deems proper, which could include dismissal;
(5) Thereafter, Appellant did not file the statement of jurisdiction or opening brief, or respond to the notice of default; and
(6) The appellate court clerk did not receive any returned mail related to this appeal. Therefore,
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the appeal is dismissed.
Chief Judge Associate Judge Associate Judge
© 1992-2013 VersusLaw ...