August 2, 2013
In the matter of Attorney's Fees Pertaining to CHARLES H.Y. DANG, in the case of CONSTANCE JACOBS, Claimant-Appellant
EPISCIENCES, INC., Employer, and GALLAGHER BASSETT SERVICES, INC., Insurance Carrier
NOT FOR PUBLICATION IN WEST'S HAWAII REPORTS OR THE PACIFIC REPORTER
APPEAL- FROM THE LABOR AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS APPEALS BOARD (AB NO. AB 2012-130; DCD NO. 2-07-09361)
Foley, Presiding Judge, Fujise and Reifurth, JJ.
ORDER DISMISSING APPEAL
Upon review of the record, it appears that:
(1) On April 22, 2 013, Claimant-Appellant Constance Jacobs (Appellant), pro se, filed a notice of appeal;
(2) On June 4, 2 013, the court denied Appellant's motion for leave to proceed on appeal in forma pauperis;
(3) Hawai'i Rules of Appellate Procedure (HRAP) Rule 24(c) provides that "If the motion to proceed in forma pauperis is denied the movant shall, within 10 days after the denial of such a motion, pay all unpaid filing fees and shall give security for costs." The rule further states that failure to pay the unpaid filing fees or to give security for costs may result in dismissal of the appeal;
(4) Appellant did not pay the filing fees or give security for costs within ten days after the court denied her motion for leave to proceed on appeal in forma pauperis;
(5) On July 2, 2013, the appellate clerk informed Appellant that this court would be notified by July 12, 2 013, of Appellant's failure to pay the requisite fees and the failure of the record on appeal to have been docketed; and
(6) Appellant has filed no response to the clerk's notice.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the appeal is dismissed.