December 30, 2013
CHERON DARLENE FREEMAN, Petitioner-Appellee,
WILLIAM POINDEXTER, Respondent-Appellant
NOT FOR PUBLICATION IN WEST'S HAWAI'I REPORTS AND PACIFIC REPORTER
APPEAL FROM THE FAMILY COURT OF THE SECOND CIRCUIT (FC-DA NO. 12-1-0460)
Nakamura, C.J, Leonard and Reifurth, JJ.
ORDER DISMISSING THE APPEAL PURSUANT HRAP RULE 30
Upon review of the record, it appears that:
(1) On August 8, 2013, Respondent-Appellant William Poindexter (Appellant), pro se, filed a notice of appeal;
(2) The record on appeal was filed October 7, 2013, and the appellate clerk informed Appellant that the statement of jurisdiction was due by October 17, 2013, and the opening brief was due by November 18, 2013;
(3) Appellant did not file either document;
(4) On November 25, 2013, the appellate clerk informed Appellant that the time for filing the statement of jurisdiction and opening brief had expired and, pursuant to Hawai'i Rules of Appellate Procedure Rule 30, the matter would be called to the court's attention on December 5, 2013, for such action as the court deems proper, which could include dismissal; and
(5) Thereafter, Appellant did not file the statement of jurisdiction and opening brief, or respond to the notice of default.
Therefore, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the appeal is dismissed.