BIG ISLAND TOYOTA, INC., a Hawai'i corporation; DAVID S. DE LUZ, SR. ENTERPRISES, INC., a Hawai'i corporation; and DAVID S. DE LUZ, SR., Plaintiffs/Counterclaim-Defendants/Appellees,
VICTOR D. TREVINO, JR., Defendant/Counterclaim-Plaintiff/ Third-Party Plaintiff/Appellant
NOT FOR PUBLICATION IN WEST'S HAWAII REPORTS AND PACIFIC REPORTER
APPEAL FROM THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE THIRD CIRCUIT (CIVIL NO. 06-1-373)
Victor D. Trevino, Jr. Defendant/Counterclaim- Plaintiff/Third-Party Plaintiff/Appellant pro se.
Paul M. Saito, Andrew L. Salenger, Trisha L. Nishimoto (Cades Schutte) for Plaintiffs/Counterclaim-Defendants/Appellees.
Foley, Presiding J., Fujise and Ginoza, JJ.
Pro se Defendant/Counterclaim-Plaintiff/Third-Party Plaintiff/Appellant Victor D. Trevino, Jr. (Trevino) appeals from the: (1) October 9, 2 012 Final Judgment entered in favor of Plaintiffs/Counterclaim-Defendants/Appellees Big Island Toyota, Inc., David S. De Luz, Sr. Enterprises, Inc. (DSDE) and David S. De Luz, Sr. (De Luz) (collectively, Toyota Plaintiffs); and (2) August 2, 2012 "Order Denying Defendant Victor D. Trevino, Jr.'s Motion For Reconsideration Of Order Denying Defendant Victor D. Trevino's Motion For Recusal And/Or Disqualification Of Judge Glenn S. Hara Filed Under Seal On January 17, 2012, Filed March 22, 2012, Filed April 2, 2012" (Order Denying Reconsideration) both entered in the Circuit Court of the Third Circuit (circuit court).
On appeal, Trevino contends Judge Strance erred by-failing to recuse Judge Hara. Trevino also contends Judge Hara erred by:
(1) failing to disqualify himself,
(2) limiting a witness' testimony about consultation with Judge Hara when the judge was a practicing attorney,
(3) not granting Trevino's request to change venue,
(4) allowing non-expert hearsay opinion testimony to be heard by the jury on issues of damages,
(5) allowing issues of breach of fiduciary duty, conversion, negligence/gross negligence, breach of contract, and punitive damages to be submitted to the jury without sufficient evidence,
(6) sending a special verdict form with duplicative . damage awards ...